Airangel have been providing public and guest WiFi solutions for over a decade. From market-leading brands to fast-growing businesses, we manage many millions of internet connections every year.
Our aim is to provide safe and secure WiFi that is easy to deploy, simple to manage, and gets people online quickly with the minimum amount of effort. Everything we do is driven by a passion for innovation and to help our customers to improve their guest’s experience, increase visitor satisfaction and loyalty, and to generate additional revenue for our customers.
Headquartered in Warrington, Airangel is going through a period of growth. We have customers throughout Europe, plus we have recently opened an office in Dubai to cover the Middle East and African regions.
Job Title: 3rd Line Network Support Engineer
Summary of Role:
• Working with the support team and senior network engineers in complex fault finding and resolving issues across our deployed networks
• Configuring equipment under the supervision of senior team members. Equipment will include wireless controllers, switches, access points, routers from different vendors such as Ruckus Wireless, Cisco, Zyxel, Allied Telesis, Draytek, Routerboard
• Reacting to alerts from the Network Monitoring System
• Updating documentation
• Working with on-site engineers
• Mentoring junior staff
• Managing POC throughout the project’s Lifecyle
• Testing and certifying new equipment
• Site visits
• A good understanding of OSI Model
• A good understanding of wired and wireless network architecture, specifically WiFi technologies, and associated configuration & installation requirements
• An expert in wired and wireless products and technologies and their respective applications
• Willingness to learn new skills and be self-motivated
• Ability to work in a team environment, and be able to prioritise own schedules & demonstrate time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and show flexibility when required
• A co-operative but assertive personality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solutions oriented with good problem solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong customer interactions skills.
• Proactive and take initiative
• Hands on approach
• Ability to working towards strict deadlines
• CCNA or equivariant
• Good Linux skills
• Experience working in customer facing position
• Good Microsoft Visio skills
• In depth knowledge of RADIUS
This role will typically be based in the Airangel Warrington office or approved place of work; however, time will be spent at client sites. Client expectations and project commitments can become challenging, therefore the individual must be aware that on certain projects there may be a requirement to work unsocial hours to meet delivery commitments. This may also include attending meetings at locations requiring overnight stays & could include international travel.
Note: During a process of realignment of present roles and responsibilities, the post requires the candidate to be part of the on-call schedule to provide out of office 3rd Line support. The process is anticipated to take approximately 6 months.
ALL ENQUIRIES, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV AND CONTACT DETAILS TO CAREERS@AIRANGEL.COM.