Quick Connection Tips
- Ensure WiFi on the device is turned on
- If a mobile device, please ensure 3G/4G is disabled
- Go to the WiFi connections list
- Connect to the Guest WiFi network
- Laptop or tablet users need to open their browser of choice e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
- You should then be directed to the guest login page
- If the login page does not load automatically, type www.bbc.co.uk in the browser’s address bar at the top of the page. This should force the login page to load
- You will then be presented with the login page
- Choose the appropriate login option
- Once you have entered these details, click on the “login” button
- You will then be redirected to the Venues webpage
- You’re now online
If you are unable to connect after following the above steps, please reboot the device, and follow the steps again. Alternatively you can check out our FAQ page here.
If you are still unable to access the internet, please contact our support team by issuing a ticket below.
Submit a Ticket
How do I connect to the WiFi?
When you are in a WiFi accessible area, navigate to the WiFi management area on your chosen device. Connect to the site WiFi and, depending on the package your venue supplies, you will be taken to a portal page which will prompt you to sign in or register.
My wireless device cannot find the wireless network
Many laptops have a small switch or software setting to turn on the WiFi radio card, please check your manual.
How do I log out?
To log out of the internet: Type logout.net into your web address bar and clock the ‘log off’ button. This will pause your current session.
I can receive email from my existing Internet Service Provider (ISP) email account but not send it.
Some ISPs require that you have different email settings to send email when on another network, we suggest you contact your ISP for further information.
Is the connection secure?
All of our networks are open networks as they are designed so that everybody can get access to them quickly and easily. We would recommend that you take some basic steps to protect yourself and your devices whilst using our network.
- Install robust and upgradable anti-virus software and firewalls
- Ensure you turn off automatic login facilities
- Use a secure VPN if connecting to a corporate network
- Ensure your computer is password protected
- Don’t leave your laptop unattended in a public place or lock it if possible
- If you have to enter any personal information or perhaps credit/debit card details, make sure that the website you are using is secure (check for the padlock icon in your browser)
Can I use streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime?
This depends entirely on the type of package the venue is giving to its customers. The network is usually designed for simple browsing as it’s a shared network and therefore bandwidth is being split between users logging in at the same time which can make streaming difficult.
My wireless device connects to the wireless network but after I move the signal gets weak
This is a shared service and whilst we try to ensure high-speed we can’t guarantee maximum bandwidth
Why is it so slow to download content every evening and to Skype my friends?
Many sites suffer from limited bandwidth (or capacity), due to their location. At peak times, when most people are using the service, there may be more pronounced delays than on average. This will especially be true of bandwidth hungry applications such as Skype.
Can I connect to the internet using my games console?
Again this depends on the package available to you. We would not recommend this due to the amount of bandwidth these types of systems demand. Also, many gaming systems do not have a browser environment which means you will not be able to login through the portal page, although we are constantly looking to improve things in the future.
Why is the login page not opening on connection to the WiFi?
If the device is attempting to contact a https site, i.e. Google or Hotmail, then redirect to bbc.co.uk or sky.com
I see lots of programs that I can download from the internet such as icons for emails and security checks
Many of these programs are spyware, please do not download any programs unless you are very sure of the provider